Our ancestors lived in a land which was largely forested and our brains are wired to be in a natural environment with trees. The woodlands call to our genetic memory and touch our hearts. We invite you to spend time with us amongst the trees and to feel the difference that regular visits to a woodland will have on your emotional and physical well-being.
Nature Unlimited offers a supportive environment for staff, volunteers and participants, alike, and we undertake training to improve our practice on a regular basis. Read about our current well-being projects here.
Leaders’ recent CPD training includes:
- Cognitive Behavioural Approaches to Well-being
- Using the Human Givens Approach to Support People with Mental Health Issues
- Working with Young People with Challenging Behaviour in the Outdoors
Nature Unlimited uses the Forest School ethos to support our groups to:
- Increase confidence
- Build self-esteem
- Develop resilience
- Improve emotional intelligence
- Become better communicators
- Extend social skills